I first heard about Petcakes through the blogging community, where lots of my fellow bloggers were posting reviews and giveaways. I just knew Angelica would love these cute plush toys -- and I was right! Ever since we got our Petcakes, she has insisted on taking them to bed with her every night! She even counts them to make sure they're all there.
From the Petcakes Toys About Page:
Well Made™ Toy Manufacturing Corporation, introduces PetCakes™, a new collectible plush pet line that will be a sweet treat for children ages 3 & up. Each PetCakes animal features a "frosting" hat, comes nestled in its own cupcake wrapper and has its own whimsical backstory. At first look, children will see a delicious cupcake but will then be surprised by the pet they find snuggled inside! Combining sweet faces and cuddly plush with a clever cupcake theme, PetCakes are collectible and provide hours of open-ended imaginative play. PetCakes make perfect gifts for a special friend and for pet lovers. They are ideal for birthday party favors, stocking stuffers and as rewards for good grades. Most of all, PetCakes deliver the kind of fun kids eat up!
We received the set of four Petcakes from series 1: Randy Candy, Twinkle Sprinkles, Coco Coconut, and Blueberry Buddy. The fact that these are made by a company called Well Made Toys makes sense, because they are truly well-made! They are (deliciously) cute, soft, cuddly and durable. I know we'll be enjoying them for quite some time!
As Angelica said just yesterday, "Petcakes are AWESOME!" (Those were her words, verbatim, though she sometimes calls them "Pet Cupcakes", too!) I asked her which one was her favorite, and she said, Coco Coconut and Blueberry Buddy. I think they're all cute, but I've got to agree with her on one...Coco Coconut is my favorite!
Just look at how much fun she's having with her Petcakes!
|Angelica and Blueberry Buddy|
|Looks cute enough to eat!|
|Angelica and Coco Coconut|
|Angelica and Twinkle Sprinkles|
|Angelica and Randy Candy|
Petcakes are intended for age 3 and up (though at 2 1/2, Angelica seems to enjoy them) and are available for $13.99 at specialty toy shops, and through toysrus.com.
Want to see all of the Petcakes product line, including upcoming products? Check out this video:
This Petcakes review and giveaway has been chosen by Prizey.net as a Prizey Pick! Thanks to all of my wonderful readers who made this happen!
Do you think your child would love Petcakes as much as Angelica does? Well Made Toys has graciously offered to giveaway two Petcakes to one of my readers (chosen at random based on inventory). Here's how to enter!
MANDATORY ENTRY: (This must be done before any other entries)
Follow me (publicly) on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did so. Easy as that!
Extra Entries (Optional): (Please leave an extra comment for each entry)
- Visit the Petcakes website and tell which one you think your child would love.
- "Like" Petcakes on Facebook (and feel free to let them know that I sent you!)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Facebook (this blog, NOT my personal page -- I love you guys but my personal page is for real-life friends and family only)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Twitter
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Networked Blogs (left sidebar)
- Enter the ToiletTree Products giveaway on my blog.
- Tweet about this giveaway - can use the following tweet: (Good for one entry DAILY)
I want to #win two adorable, deliciously cute Petcakes from @angelicasmommy (Ends 2/28) http://ow.ly/3XZz3 #giveaway
- TWO Bonus Entries: Add my button to your blog and leave a link where I can find it! (Comment twice)
- THREE Bonus Entries: Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post. (Comment three times)
- FIVE BONUS ENTRIES: Post this giveaway to a giveaway linky (Comment five times with a link back to the linky) - unlimited entries!
- FIVE BONUS ENTRIES: Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching the web using my referral link (must be a NEW member - comment with your Swagbucks username).
Contest ends on February 28, 2011 at 9 PM EST. Open to US Residents only and the prize cannot be mailed to a P.O. Box. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours of the email being sent or another winner will be selected.
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this review in any way. Well Made Toys provided me with the Petcakes for review and will also handle prize fulfillment. Thanks to Well Made Toys for providing the review package and giveaway prize! All content in this review is my opinion.