This past Christmas the gift I most wanted was a custom piece of jewelry from The Vintage Pearl. Unfortunately, Scott and I both procrastinated on making our Christmas lists, and by the time he was able to order, it was past the shipping deadline. So when I was given the opportunity to work with The Vintage Pearl on a review/giveaway for this blog, I was SO excited! And just in time to be an EARLY Mother's Day surprise! I already had a few things in mind that I really liked, but narrowing it down to the perfect item was a real challenge.
I finally settled on the "I Love You to the Moon and Back" necklace, and added on a Swarovski crystal of my daughter's birthstone as an a la carte item. I chose this one because when I was pregnant with her, we had initially decided that we were not going to find out if she was a boy or girl, and so I fell in love with a gender-neutral celestial theme for the nursery because I thought it embodied the idea that our love for this baby was infinite. Well, I caved, found out she was a girl, and her nursery became butterflies. The sentiment still remained, though, and this necklace is just the perfect way to express it.
The quality of the jewelry is just fantastic. The moon, the name disc, and the chain are all sterling silver, and it feels solid and delicate all at the same time. The Vintage Pearl packages your order really nicely as well... it comes wrapped in a small mesh bag with a polishing cloth to keep your jewelry clean and looking as good as new. Being hand-stamped, it truly is a one-of-a-kind item as well.
I've worn my necklace around the office and while out and about with family and I've gotten nothing but positive compliments on it! I think the my favorite compliment, though, was when I was buckling Angelica into her car seat and she gently took the charm in her hand and said, "Oh, Mommy, I just love your necklace, it's SO beautiful!"
Another thing I love about The Vintage Pearl is that they were started in 2007 by a stay at home mom who taught herself how to make these items through videos and articles online. They now have a website where you can order items online, as well as a storefront in Tulsa, OK, with their workshop in the back. They also give to non-profit organizations that they feel are in line with the organization's morals and values, such as Stop Child Trafficking Now, Tulsa Dream Center, and the Mercy House. You can read more about The Vintage Pearl on their "About" page.
The customer service at The Vintage Pearl can't be beat, and you can rest assured that you are getting a truly unique item. A gift from The Vintage Pearl will touch your heart, or the heart of that special mom in your life.
Buy It: The Vintage Pearl offers a wide variety of amazing, beautiful, unique, and hand-crafted items, starting around $25.
WIN IT! The Vintage Pearl is offering a $50 gift certificate to one LUCKY reader of Angelica's Awesome Adventures! This would help anyone pick the perfect Mother's Day gift!
MANDATORY ENTRY: (This must be done before any other entries)
Visit The Vintage Pearl's website and tell me which item you'd like to buy if you win!
Extra Entries (Optional): (Please leave an extra comment for each entry)
- "Like" The Vintage Pearl on Facebook (and feel free to let them know that I sent you!)
- Follow The Vintage Pearl on Twitter
- Follow me (publicly) on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did so. (If you're already following, that counts too - just comment and let me know!)
- Enter the $100 Vintage Pearl gift certificate on The Life of Rylie...and Bryce Too! and comment to let me know you did!
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Facebook (this blog, NOT my personal page -- I love you guys but my personal page is for real-life friends and family only)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Twitter
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Networked Blogs (left sidebar)
- Enter any other giveaway currently running. (Check the box in the upper left corner for links). Comment 1 time for each giveaway entered!
- Tweet about this giveaway - can use the following tweet: (Good for one entry DAILY)
#WIN a $50 gift certificate to @thevintagepearl from @angelicasmommy - Great for Mother's Day! (Ends 4/12) http://ow.ly/4paif #giveaway
- TWO Bonus Entries: Add my button to your blog and leave a link where I can find it! (Comment twice)
- THREE Bonus Entries: Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post. (Comment three times)
- FIVE BONUS ENTRIES: Post this giveaway to a giveaway linky (Comment five times with a link back to the linky) - unlimited entries!
- FIVE BONUS ENTRIES: Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching the web using my referral link (must be a NEW member - comment with your Swagbucks username).
Contest ends on April 12, 2011 at 9 PM EST. Open to US Residents only and the prize cannot be mailed to a P.O. Box. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours of the email being sent or another winner will be selected. (Please make sure you check your spam and junk folders frequently to make sure you don't miss out!)
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this review in any way. The Vintage Pearl provided me with a review package and will also handle prize fulfillment. Thanks to The Vintage Pearl for providing the review package and giveaway prize! All content in this review is my opinion.