Mother's Day is right around the corner and I've been gathering ideas for things to get the special moms in my life. I absolutely love personalized, meaningful pieces of jewelry. Like most moms, my family is my world, and I love to wear jewelry that represents my love for them.
I was recently given the opportunity to review an item from Of the Earth Jewelry by Randee Hofmann, and as I am so glad I did! Since I recently received an item for myself from another company, the review item I chose was also a gift for my sister, who is the mother of my amazing four year old nephew and two year old niece. Since this post would obviously ruin the surprise, I gave her the necklace last week and she loved it! I was also really, really impressed by the beauty and quality of the necklace I picked out for her and wish I had kept it for myself. (I may actually order one or ask for one for Mother's Day!)
Here is Randee's philosophy on her jewelry:
Handmade Copper, Wire Wrapped, and Beaded Jewelry Inspired by Nature
Jewelry making is a passion come to life. With inspiration from 10 years of experience as a floral designer and a love of nature, I created Of the Earth Jewelry.
Her shop includes items such as the Robin's Egg Nest Necklace, Robin's Egg Nest Ring, Verdigris Bird with Copper Initial necklace, and many other customizable necklaces, bracelets, rings, and other accessories.
For my review, I chose the Robin's Egg Nest Necklace. Since you can customize the wire, the pearl colors, and the metal used for the bird, I chose the copper wire and copper colored bird with blue zircon and lavender colored pearls for the eggs.
First, the necklace came packaged really nicely, in a box with a customized "thank you" label.
Inside was the necklace I picked out. I chose the nest necklace with copper wire, and a blue zircon and lavender pearl "eggs" to represent my nephew and niece. I was really happy with the quality of the necklace, too. It seemed durable and really well put together.
I fell in love with it, and even though I didn't get to keep it, I had to try it on...
With Mother's Day right around the corner (May 8th!) now is the perfect time to start looking at gift options. Any item from Of the Earth Jewelry is sure to impress the special mom in your life.
Buy it: Of the Earth Jewelry has items ranging in price from $14 - $78 (the necklace I reviewed sells for around $19, depending on the number of pearls you add).
WIN IT! Randee Hofmann and Of the Earth Jewelry is offering a Verdigris Initial Necklace to one LUCKY reader of Angelica's Awesome Adventures!
MANDATORY ENTRY: (This must be done before any other entries)
Who would you give this to if you win? (It's okay if you'd keep it for yourself too!
Extra Entries (Optional): (Please leave an extra comment for each entry)
- Like Of the Earth Jewelry by Randee Hofmann on Facebook
- Visit Of the Earth Jewelry on Etsy and let me know which other item you like.
- Visit Of the Earth Jewelry's blog and follow them on Google Friend Connect.
- Follow me (publicly) on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did so. (If you're already following, that counts too - just comment and let me know!)
- Subscribe to Angelica's Awesome Adventures by Email (Subscription must be confirmed to count)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Facebook (this blog, NOT my personal page -- I love you guys but my personal page is for real-life friends and family only)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Twitter
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Networked Blogs (left sidebar)
- Tweet about this giveaway - can use the following tweet: (Good for one entry DAILY)
Win a beautiful verdigris bird necklace - Great Mother's Day gift @angelicasmommy (Ends 4/25) http://ow.ly/4Ainb #giveaway
- TWO Bonus Entries: Add my button to your blog and leave a link where I can find it! (Comment twice)
- THREE Bonus Entries: Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post. (Comment three times)
- FIVE BONUS ENTRIES: Post this giveaway to a giveaway linky (Comment five times with a link back to the linky) - unlimited entries!
Contest ends on April 26, 2011 at 9 PM EST. Open to US Residents only and the prize cannot be mailed to a P.O. Box. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours of the email being sent or another winner will be selected. (Please make sure you check your spam and junk folders frequently to make sure you don't miss out!)
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this review in any way. Of the Earth Jewelry by Randee Hofmann provided me with a review package and will also handle prize fulfillment. Thanks to Randee Hofmann for providing the review package and giveaway prize! All content in this review is my opinion.