In my teens and early twenties, I considered myself quite the music snob. As a hobby, I wrote music reviews for an independently owned e-zine, and we only covered independently produced artists. If it was on the radio, you certainly wouldn't find it in my collection...and if an artist I liked found their way to airplay I would cringe. As an adult, though, I have come to appreciate some nationally known artists for their talent, and Michael Franti & Spearhead is one example of an artist I love.
In an era of copycat artists, Michael Franti & Spearhead brings innovation and positivity to the music scene. His latest album, just released this past Monday, May 16th, The Sound of Sunshine, exemplifies this positivity. This album will warm your heart and bring you up when you're feeling down. Want to check it out? You can listen to The Sound of Sunshine online!
I was provided with a review copy, and since then, this CD has made its way into my regular rotation. It's also something I feel comfortable having on in the car with my three year old in the back seat. While there are some romantic themes in the music, there is no cringe-worthy language to worry about and I love that!
In addition to his uplifting music, Michael Franti now has a line of apparel, yoga gear, and accessories called Stay Human.
As described on the Stay Human About Page, "Stay Human was created with the purpose of providing functional & stylish yoga inspired organic and recycled apparel and gear that fits well and feels great." I received some samples from the Stay Human collection and I have to say, they were really great quality. I use the water bottle, made of eco-friendly material, at work and when I run, and the yoga shirt is made of organic cotton, which is great for the environment.
I also love that Stay Human donates 10% of all proceeds to Bumi Sehat Natural Birthing Clinic in Indonesia and the Hunter's Point Family in San Francisco. Both of these are worthy organizations in need of help.
The shirt I received is the Lion's Breath v-neck and sells for $40 in the Stay Human shop, which is a great deal for organic apparel. It's super soft and lightweight...perfect for yoga or any other activity. The Stay Human water bottle sells for $12 and is made of 18/8 stainless steel. The Stay Human lip balm is only $3, and I love it! I also got a pack of recycled note cards, which are on sale right now for $9.75. And the rubber bracelet is on sale for $5.
Want a copy of Michael Franti & Spearhead's new CD, The Sound of Sunshine? One LUCKY reader of Angelica's Awesome Adventures is going to win one! (And really...come on...who doesn't want free music?)
Comment and tell me what inspires you!
- Visit the Stay Human store and tell me one other item you'd love not featured above.
- Become a fan of Michael Franti & Spearhead on Facebook
- Become a fan of Stay Human Apparel on Facebook
- Become a public follower of Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar to do this)
- Subscribe to Angelica's Awesome Adventures by Email (Subscription must be confirmed to count)
- Become an Angelica's Awesome Adventures Facebook fan (Comment with first name, last initial)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Twitter (@angelicasmommy) (Comment with your twitter username)
- Tweet the following (CAN BE DONE ONCE DAILY). Comment with a link to your tweet.
- TWO BONUS ENTRIES: Add my button to your blog and send me a link to where it can be found.
- THREE BONUS ENTRIES: Blog about this contest with a link back to this giveaway and send me a link to your blog entry.
Get inspired and #win Michael Franti & Spearhead's new CD, The Sound of Sunshine! @angelicasmommy http://bit.ly/iCCUlH Ends 6/1 #giveaway