When Angelica was born, one of the things I knew I wanted to do was learn photography. I knew she'd grow up fast, and that I would want to capture as much of her growing personality as I could. (Check ot the 365 Days of Angelica project to see just what I mean!) So what did I do? I ran out and got my first DSLR when she was 2 months old. It was an Olympus E-510. It was a fantastic camera, and I honestly believe it was one of the best baby purchases I made.
Since then, I've upgraded to a Nikon d300s, which I love more than words can say. But sometimes, even after taking a couple classes and having a few years experience with the camera, you need a refresher course. I recently got a chance to review the Learn and Master Photography kit, and it did just the trick!
Learn and Master Photography comes with 24 lessons on 15 DVDs, plus a handy companion lesson book, and two discs with all of the raw and jpg files you'll need to get started learning how to use your new DSLR camera and how to process photos. You'll learn everything from what ISO, aperture and shutter speed are (and what they mean to the quality of your photo), photography style guidelines (such as the rule of thirds), digital file management, and other useful tips to help you go from camera novice to camera aficionado.
Best of all, this can all be done from the comfort of your own home! All you need is a DVD player to play the lessons.
The Learn and Master Photography kit retails for $249, but right now they have a sale going on! Until July 10th, you can purchase the set for $149.
One LUCKY reader of Angelica's Awesome Adventures can win a Learn and Master Photography kit!
Mandatory Entry (this must be done before any other entries will count): What's your biggest struggle when it comes to photography?
- Check out Learn and Master's whole line of self-study kits and comment with another that you think is interesting.
- Become a public follower of Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Google Friend Connect (check the right sidebar to do this)
- Subscribe to Angelica's Awesome Adventures by Email (Subscription must be confirmed to count)
- Become an Angelica's Awesome Adventures Facebook fan (Comment with first name, last initial)
- Follow Angelica's Awesome Adventures on Twitter (@angelicasmommy) (Comment with your twitter username)
- Tweet the following (CAN BE DONE ONCE DAILY). Comment with a link to your tweet.
Learn and Master Photography helps YOU become the master of your camera! $249 value! http://bit.ly/mT1h6d Ends 7/22 #giveaway
- TWO BONUS ENTRIES: Add my button to your blog and send me a link to where it can be found.
- THREE BONUS ENTRIES: Blog about this contest with a link back to this giveaway and send me a link to your blog entry.
Please leave your email address in your comment or make sure it is visible in your profile!
Contest ends on JULY 22, 2011 AT 9 PM EST. Open to US Residents only and the prize cannot be mailed to a P.O. Box. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours of the email being sent or another winner will be selected. (Please make sure you check your spam and junk folders frequently to make sure you don't miss out!)
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this review in any way. Learn and Master provided me with a review package for the purposes of this review. All content in this article is my opinion and has not been influenced by the receipt of the product for purposes of review. Thanks to Learn and Master for providing the review package and giveaway prize!